Help / FAQ
- Where do I log in to complete the program?
- Logging into the course is easy. Simply click on the “Student Sign In” button at the top right hand side of this page.
- I forgot my password, what can I do?
- Resetting your password is an easy process. Click Here, enter your email address or driver license number. You can reset your password in no time!
- When do I get my certificate?
- Your certificate of completion is sent directly to the DMV, once you have completed the course. In order to check the status of your certificate, please go to our Certificate Tracking page. Here you will find information on when the certificate was transmitted to the DMV.
- Why was I disqualified?
- You may have been disqualified for not correctly answering the personal security questions, hitting the back button, or refreshing the current page your viewing. If you experience disqualification, you have the ability of reinstating yourself in the course. Log back into the course and enter your drivers license number and date of birth.
- How can I get proof of completion?
- The original certificate gets sent directly to the DMV for you free of charge. A completion receipt will be sent to your email address for your records at no cost.
- How often can I take this course?
- You can take our course as often as you want to refresh your knowledge. For DMV or court credit however, you may only take this course once every 18 months. The 18 month period is calculated from the traffic citation/violation date, not traffic school class attendance date.
- How do I know if I am eligible to attend this course?
- It depends on the court or department that is requiring you to take the program. In most cases, the court will send you documentation stating that you can enroll in the program. To be eligible to attend the OLTS online traffic school course:
- Your violation must be a one (1) point violation. If you were cited for a more serious two (2) point violation like DUI, reckless driving, speeding over 100 mph, speed contest, hit-and-run, etc., you are NOT eligible to take this course unless ordered or allowed to do so by the Court.
- You must not have attended traffic school on another citation issued within the last 18 months of your current citation (unless ordered or allowed to do so by the Court). The 18 month period is calculated from the citation/violation date, not class attendance date.
- If, in addition to your moving violation, you were cited for any mechanical, registration, driver’s license or insurance violations, you must submit proof of correction before you are eligible to take this course.
- You must NOT be a juvenile.
- Can I take the course voluntarily or do I need a ticket to attend?
- Anyone can take our course as a volunteer to improve or brush up on traffic safety material and laws. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 877-972-4665.
- What if my deadline for completion of the traffic school course has passed?
- Contact your court directly for instructions regarding extension of your due date. The On-Line Traffic School, Inc. cannot extend your due date.
- Is the court fee the same as the traffic school fees?
- A fee paid to the court is separate from fees paid for actual traffic school. Although many courts call the fee paid in addition to the bail amount a “traffic school” fee, it is actually only an administrative fee. The On-Line Traffic School, Inc. is privately owned and operated and does charge a fee….as do all traffic schools.
- How do I register for this course?
- First be sure you are eligible to take this course. Registration for this course is quite simple. Just complete all the appropriate fields and you can get started right away. You may also call us at 877-972-4665 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Either way, it just takes minutes and you are able to start right away.
- Must I complete this course in one sitting?
- The On-Line Traffic School, Inc. is designed for the person who does not have a lot of time. The course is broken up into five (5) sections. You can complete one segment, for example, log off, and then log back on at a later time, and the computer will record the section you have completed. You can log on and off as many times as you wish until you complete the program. You can also do the entire course in one sitting… it is up to you.
- How quickly can I finish this course?
- The great thing about this course is that you work at your own pace. No one is sitting over your shoulder making you slow down or speed up. Everyone reads at different speeds and this program will allow you to proceed at your own pace with no time maximum for the program. The average completion time varies on your reading ability, but should never take more than an actual sit down class.
- Can I use someone else’s computer or Internet service?
- That is what makes this course so easy and great! You can take this from home, work, a friend or family’s house, or your local library. Whatever computer you use, you simply need internet access. You can also start on your own computer and then finish on another.
- How many chapters are there?
- Our California online traffic school course has only five (5) chapters to read and include: short quizzes, a short open-book multiple-choice final exam, interactive flash animations, videos, and easy to follow content.
- How many questions are on the final?
- There are 25 questions on the final exam. A passing score is 70% correct or better. You have two (2) attempts to obtain a passing score. If you do not successfully pass the final, you have the opportunity to pay $15.00 and retake the course or sign up with another school.
- What if I have no e-mail address?
- Do not worry if you have no e-mail address, as one is not needed to take this course. Any correspondence can be directly printed off the program or be done via mail or telephone. On the registration just skip the email field as it is not mandatory. You may also use a friend’s e-mail address, if you wish.
- I just got knocked off line in the middle of a section. What do I do now?
- Many Internet users are knocked off line frequently. Remember, as you complete each section of the course, your progress is saved. Completion of chapter (1), for example, cannot be lost if your answers are submitted to the system and graded on screen. Being knocked off line at that point, will only bring you back to the start of the next chapter, it will not delete chapter (1). Our website is unable to control your Internet connection and inactivity on your part will not result in our system knocking you off line. Any activity requirements will be on the part of your Internet service provider.
- Does the course cost anything?
- Our California online traffic school course is affordable for every driver. Our everyday low price of just $34.95 includes the entire DMV licensed online traffic school course and your completion certificate.
- All elements of your traffic school course, including five (5) chapters of reading, multiple-choice open-book quizzes, final exam, and your completion receipt.
- Immediate access to the site and FREE Live Customer Support – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Check out our Daily Deals to save money!
Regular classroom traffic school courses charge similar fees, but don’t offer the convenience of an online traffic school course that fits any schedule, or the peace of mind that 24/7 Live Customer Support provides.
The courts will generally require a traffic school administrative fee, separate from the traffic ticket bail, to be allowed to take our California online traffic school course. This fee does not cover online traffic school course in any way. Online traffic schools are a privately-operated industry and you will be required to pay a traffic school course fee whether you sit in a classroom or select our California online traffic school course.
The tuition you pay guarantees that you will receive the finest educational materials, the best customer service and the most dependable and hassle-free online traffic school program in California.
- Will my username and password to the course expire after a certain time?
- No. You will always have access to the course as long as you have not completed the program or have cancelled. Our course does keep track of your progress, and If something goes wrong, simply log off, log back in and continue where you left off. Once you complete the course, you may log back in at any time to view the status of your completion notification to the DMV.
- How do I receive course credit?
- Once the course is completed, notification is sent directly to the DMV.
- I have already enrolled. How do I get back into the program?
- If you have already enrolled, you have a username and password. You may re-enter this information on the login page as necessary to access and complete the program. If you have forgotten or lost your username or password, please Click Here.
- How can I pay for the course?
- You can pay for the course many different ways, either by credit card, check debit card, check by phone or money order. After you complete the page, you will be linked to a completely secure credit card page where you pay quickly and effortlessly. The site is encrypted to make your on-line purchase safe. If you are sending in a money order please make sure to send the check or money order before you complete the course or your certificate will not be processed. Make all checks or money orders payable to:
The Online Traffic School, Inc.
815B Camarillo Springs Rd. #500
Camarillo, CA 93012
- How long does it take to get the certificate?
- Your completion will be sent directly to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) on your behalf within 72 hours of graduating the program, free of charge. A completion receipt will also be sent to your email address.
- What is the cancellation/refund policy?
- If for some reason you are not satisfied with our program, you can cancel and get a refund as long as you have not completed the entire program.
- What’s going to happen to my completion certificate?
- We will automatically process and send your completion to the DMV within 72 hours (M-F). The DMV will then notify your court.
- How do you notify the DMV of my completion?
- We submit your certificate electronically to the DMV within 72 hours of your graduation (M-F). If you would like your completion sent quicker, you can upgrade during or after the registration process. Just select Same Day Processing. This option is great for those in a time crunch!
- Why is notice of my completion sent to the DMV and not the court?
- As of January 1st, 2013, all traffic school completions are handled by the DMV. All schools are required to send notification to the DMV within 72 hours. The DMV then takes care of notifying your court.
- I ordered a Proof of Completion. What is it good for?
- The Proof of Completion is for your personal records. It is a great idea to have this document for future reference or to submit to your insurance provider for a possible rate reduction. Proof of Completion is not for the Court or for DMV purposes.
- Do I have to turn in a completion certificate to the court?
- No. We will notify the DMV on your behalf and they will notify the court of your completion.
- Will I be notified when the court receives my completion?
- If you provided an email address during course enrollment, the court will send you notification when your case has been closed. You can also receive this notification on your mobile device via a text message. To receive this notification and more please check out our upgrade page during the registration process!